Variations on a tree outside of my house.
This started with an accurate drawing on tracing paper, which I then used to transfer the subject to multiple canvases. The project evolved from there, with a lot of reworking.
The strip off to the left is copper that has been corroded with slat and vinegar or liver of sulfur. The winter painting was going to have a chunk of corroded lead on it, but then I realized I was basically poisoning myself by using it, so screw that.
These, I suppose, were exercises in materials and mood, and were very experimental in terms of the different techniques used. Chicken wire, paper, tape, paint swatches, chunks of metal and wood, transfer drawings, spray paint, actual leaves... crazy stuff making these.